To ensure the safety of civil aviation for domestic and international flights, passengers are required to pass through Aviation Security control.
Carry-on items, luggage and all personal belongings are subject to control. Passengers who have failed to pass control for aviation security, or did not provide carry-on items, luggage and other personal things for screening are not allowed for boarding.
The list of dangerous goods and substances that are prohibited for air transportation, according to the Ministry of Ukraine Order No.723 of May 12, 2007
Prohibited goods and substances
- Pistols, light signal devices, powder driven studs, maces containing neuro-paralytic, lachrymatory, toxic and corrosive agents.
- Electroshock equipment of all kinds, except for medical resuscitation equipment.
- Electron-beam weapons of all kinds.
- Explosive agents, compounds, related objects, explosion means:
- gunpowder of all kinds, marks and examples in any package, contained (irrespective of the quantity);
- chargers for guns;
- chargers-detonators of any kind;
- electric detonators of any kind;
- electric igniters;
- bickford and detonation fuses;
- detonators and fuses for munitions;
- munitions of any kinds;
- training and simulation munitions;
- trotyl, tolite, dynamite, ammonal, cyclonite, other explosive agents of military and industrial purpose, hand-made explosive compounds, substances and objects which contain them;
- pyrotechnicals: signal and light flares, false fires, torch pots, landing blocks, thermite matches, railway detonating cartridges, Bengal lights, firework lights, shells, common pyrotechnicals and similar objects and hand-made means and objects.
- Compressed and liquefied gases for common and industrial use: propane-butane, nitrogen, neon, argon, oxygen, chlorine except for those carried by medical teams to provide emergency care to people.
- Highly flammable matters: gasoline, gas, acetone, methanol, methyl ether, brake fluid, carbon sulfide, ethers, organic solvents, all kinds of glue and joint compounds containing highly flammable compounds.
- Flammable solid matters:
- substances which under the effect of water generate heat and self-ignite such as potassium, sodium, metallic calcium, alloys thereof, calcium phosphide and substances with similar properties;
- white, yellow phosphor and other substances related to flammable solid matters;
- dried industrial, colloidal and humid nitrocellulose irrespective of the solvent content.
- Toxic and corrosive agents:
- toxic and corrosive agents in any physical form irrespective of the form and quality of their package;
- brucine, nicotine, strychnine, formalin, antifreeze, ethylene glycol, mercury, cyanic agents, cyclone, black cyanide and agents with similar properties.
- Caustic and corrosive substances:
- nonorganic acids - hydrochloric, sulphuric, nitric acids and their compounds;
- fluorhydric (hydrofluoric) acid;
- alkalies of all kinds - potassic, sodium alkalies and similar chemical compounds;
- agents for polishing of metals, chloride lime, accumulator electrolyte and agents with similar properties;
- chemicals for varnish and paint removal from the surface they cover.
- Radioactive substances and materials of any degree of potential risk, form or physical condition and physical properties.
- Any other substances, compounds and objects which are related to the above mentioned and those which are subject to specific conditions of storage, transportation and use according to the manufacturer, which may give rise to doubts as to the safety of carriage thereof, such as those which may be used for explosion, fire-rising or bringing other danger to life and health of passengers and plane crew.
Objects and substances permitted for carriage only in luggage
- Firearms (including service, hunting, sporting weapons), pneumatic, gas weapons, pistols and revolvers intended for shooting with ammunition, equipped with rubber or similar bullets, cold weapon of all kinds and constructively similar weapon, ammunition and spare parts to weapon and training, blank, museum, souvenir, collection and fake weapon if an individual or a legal entity has the relevant license to keep, wear and carry it, guns and pistols for underwater hunting. Rules of weapon carriage are set out in the instructions as approved by the central executive transport authority.
- Bladed articles, namely:
- nail scissors and files;
- needles for medical injections;
- knitting pins;
- metallic table knives;
- devices and toy imitating all kinds of weapon;
- lighters in form of pistol, other kinds of weapons;
- objects with blunt ends which may cause the injuries.
Ph.: (+380 62) 315-52-60